As a community, it is important to support local artists because, without support, the art they make would stop and the impact it could have made would disappear. If you support an artist near you, you are in turn supporting all of our respective creative freedoms.
Once artists are able to express themselves creatively and freely, beautiful art is made that can be admired by the community and beyond. These art pieces not only reflect the artists’ ideas, but also their hidden messages behind each work of art.
Sources to find artists near you
- Search Google for (insert your towns name) local artists
- Instagram will list artists nearby if you type in your local town
- Search Facebook. Artists will often promote themselves by creating a Facebook fan page. Here’s mine. https://www.facebook.com/wavepainting/?ref=settings
- Google my business lists local artists
- Yell lists nearby artists
- Local artist list some artist in your area http://www.localartist.org.uk
- My Art Brief where you can commission an artist to paint a work for you with the dimensions and colours of your choice https://www.myartbrief.com/
- Visit local galleries. They usually promote artists in your area
- Look in your local paper. They will often feature artists showing work in a nearby venue. I am currently showing at the Winter Open in Torquay
- In Devon, where I am based, you have the devonartistnetwork an organisation specializing in devon artists with an open studio event every September https://www.devonartistnetwork.co.uk/